06 July 2008

Rotuno's Texas Style Barbeque

I've twice stopped at a new restaurant in Elyria's Gulf-Abbe neighborhood. It's called Rotuno's (owner Tim Rotuno's last name) and it's a BBQ place in an area that doesn't have any BBQ places. I always try to support local small business owners - and I think this one will be a keeper. I've had two of their sandwiches, and my father had their ribs - thumbs up on all three!

The restaurant is located at 515 N. Abbe Road in Elyria, across from the older drug mart plaza. They will be opening a drive-up window, however it is for pre-ordered food pick-up only. Rotunos has a nice eat-in area with a "Texas" feel. (I lived in Texas for 2 years) They slow smoke their meat, and it is excellent. Ribs, sliced and pulled pork, smoked turkey, beef brisket, and ham. They have regular and mustard slaw - great on the sandwiches. Sides include mac and cheese, baked beans, green beans, french fries, side salad, and buttered corn. They also have a selection of soups. Limited desert menu.

I only take the time to write about restaurants I like - this is a winner - unless you are a vegetarian. Let's support them so they stay around.

No comments: