14 March 2013

Listing Shortages in Many Northern Ohio Neighborhoods

I'm sitting at on of my regular stops - Rios in Avon Lake.  It looks like it's going to be a sunny if cold morning.  As I drove in this morning listening to Bloomberg radio I heard several stories covering the improving housing market and decreases in distressed property in the U.S.  Barron's had a story about the improving second-home market in the U.S., and Howard Hanna and our wonderful office manager have been stressing the shortage of listings and our need to farm our respective areas for new listings.

OK - I get the message.  Please call me at 440-315-6000 to list your real estate for sale!

Why list now?

  • Low interest rates will not last forever and they are helping to drive buyers into the market.
  • Yes - if you wait prices will go up, but so will the price on the property you will purchase to replace your existing home.
  • As interest rates increase the price of the home each individual buyer can purchase correspondingly decreases.
  • Did I mention that there is a lack of listings in the market?  Fewer listings mean more buyers per listing.  
I have a particular need for listings in Avon, Avon Lake, and any lakefront property.  No you will not get the prices that existed during the boom, but prices and sales are strong, stable and improving.  If you price your property competitively based on your individual market and it's condition then you have a much, much better chance of getting an offer and having that offer pass all of the checks necessary for you to get a check at the end of the process then you did 2, 3, 4 or 5 years ago.  It may be time for you to get off of the fence!

Contact me today at 440-315-6000
"Selling Cleveland to the Lake Erie Islands"



No comments: