11 July 2013

Another Saturday on Ohio's Lake Erie Islands for an Island Realtor

I had the pleasure of my lovely wife's company on Saturday during my usual island hopping tour.  We took a Miller Boatline ferry from Catawba to the southern shore of South Bass Island and grabbed one of the ever present taxis.  I've found every driver on the island to be friendly and happy to talk about the island's events and attractions.  We took a quick ride to a beautiful listing we have on the southern end of the island and I took some new pictures to include changes they have made to add to our various websites.  It is a lovely home with a back building that includes two rental units.


After I was finished we got some exercise by walking to the village of Put-In-Bay on the north end of the island.  All of the islands are fantastic places to walk, bike and enjoy some "Island Time".  We went to one of my favorite places for a quick burger and beer - Tony's Garage.  The staff was friendly and I had my usual - a very good burger.  My wife enjoyed some shopping and her usual fudge from the PIB Candy Bar.

After a fantastic afternoon we caught the Sonny S from the Boardwalk to Middle Bass Island.   I took pictures of several homes, updated signs and fliers, and spoke with numerous islanders.  We again caught the ferry to the mainland from Middle Bass. 


How do you top a day on the islands?  We spent the evening at Mon Ami Winery where we enjoyed wine tasting and their amazing Saturday Seafood Buffet

Another great day in Ohio's Vacation Land!

No comments: