20 November 2008

Recycled Laying Boxes: Saves Resources - & the Chickens DON"T CARE !

I gave away all of my poultry equipment several years ago when I decided I would never again raise poultry. Food prices started going up and food scraps were going into the trash or compost bin and I thought - "What a Waste".

I have 6 Cuckoo Marans (they lay the darkest eggs of all chickens) and 4 Americaunas (unfortunately three turned out to be roosters, and I have only one hen who has yet to start laying. Her egg should be blue)

I needed new boxes so I took scrap plywood from our recent "green" remodeling projects, 4 salvaged egg cartons, short pieces of 2 x 4's I had set aside and 8 gutter nails I had picked out of the gardens after the old gutters had been removed and recycled. The chickens are happy - and it didn't cost me any money!

Considering rural property in Northern Ohio? Give me a call: Lee Hisey, Howard Hanna 440-315-6000, leehisey@howardhanna.com.

No comments: